La manzana y sus Propiedades Saludable
Antidiarrheal, laxative, diuretic, cleansing, lipid lowering, choleretic, toning the nervous system, alkalizing, mineralizing, antioxidant, hypotensive, lowering uric acid, detoxifying, anti-cancer.
"ONE APPLE A DAY, KEEP A DOCTOR AWAY"
It is the queen of fruits, for its versatility in the kitchen and it combines with all the food. Ranks fourth in world production, after the grapes, oranges and bananas.
CHEMISTRY AND HEALTH CLAIMS
About 85% of its composition is water, which is very refreshing and moisturizing. His sugars, are composed mostly of fructose (fruit sugar) and to a lesser extent, glucose and sucrose, quickly assimilated into the body, are the most abundant nutrients after water.
• In small amount has Vitamin E and Vitamin C,. It is rich in fiber, which improves intestinal transit and outstanding mineral content between potassium and iron, although in small proportion. Vitamin E has antioxidant, aids in the stability of blood cells (red) and fertility. Potassium is a mineral necessary for the generation and transmission of nerve impulses and normal muscle activity, is involved in water balance inside and outside the cell.
• This fruit is one of the richest in boron, a mineral involved in numerous body functions, including facilitating the assimilation of calcium and magnesium, which could be a factor in preventing osteoporosis.
• Free radicals increase the damage caused by LDL cholesterol, giving rise to atherosclerosis, genetic degradation of the protein and body fat, reduced-cell function and increased risk of cancer.
• Antioxidants neutralize free radicals, reducing or even avoiding some of the damage these cause in the body. The apple is an antioxidant, can neutralize free radicals, especially by its content of flavonoids, including quercetin. Apples, along with onions, are plants with a higher content of quercetin. Quercetin helps to prevent cholesterol deposits in the arteries and their narrowing. Therefore, given its membership in antioxidants, apples are especially recommended in diets for the prevention of cardiovascular risk, degenerative disease and cancer Regular consumption of apples, prevents the narrowing of coronary arteries promotes myocardial infarctions.
• The extraordinary properties of this fruit healthy largely due to the synergy of all its components and not the individual action of quercetin.
Studies in the Institute of Chemistry. College of Agriculture and Agro-Industries. Universidad Nacional de Santiago del Estero, investigated the inhibitory capacity of free radicals of different foods and plants. In the case of the tested fruit, apples showed a high antiradical activity. Among the fruits studied, the highest values obtained were followed by red apple kiwi and the lowest value for pear, orange and banana, which are all effective as antioxidants.
• His moderate in potassium content, gives characteristics of a diuretic. However, the zinc intake is restricted in renal failure so the consumption of apples in these cases are taken into account.
• It has organic acids (1% to 1.5% by weight) with an antiseptic effect and regeneration of the intestinal flora, including the most abundant malic acid, also contains citric, succinic, lactic, salicylic and oxalic. When metabolized, these organic acids is alkalizing effect (antacid), in blood and tissues, reducing the damage caused by the acidosis. Organic acids benefit the intestinal flora and prevent fermentation. Oxalic acid that contains the block can form salts with certain minerals like calcium and cause calcium oxalate, so consumption must be taken into account if we have this type of kidney stones. However, much of this acid is lost through cooking apple.
• The apple is, after quince, one of the best fruits rich in tannins, substances with an astringent and anti-inflammatory properties, that inflammation of the gastric mucosa and intestinal walls. Some of the actions of the tannins are drying and inflammation of the intestinal mucosa (lining the inner layer of the digestive tract), so they are effective in treating diarrhea. The tannins are recognized quickly by producing rough feel on the palate. Tannins brown apple peeled and grated, giving dark.
• Their pectin content, allows it to act either as food or laxative astringent as how it is consumed. Intestinal regulatory action has.
• If eaten raw, with skin, it is useful to treat constipation, as it leverages the insoluble fiber in the skin, which stimulates intestinal activity. The apple skin is raw and laxative that is useful for treating constipation. If you eat one or two blocks on an empty stomach, improves constipation.
• It is very rich in soluble fiber (pectin), able to hold water and waste substances, which is beneficial in treatment of diarrhea. Slows intestinal transit and helps eliminate toxins in the stool. If the apple is eaten peeled, grated and obscured has the opposite effect in our body, it is astringent and can be used in cases of diarrhea.
• Studies in Japan show that apple pectin, in patients with colon cancer risk, is a good preventive and even people diagnosed, or operated, can prevent recurrences.
• Consumption of 2-3 apples a day, reduces cholesterol, the effect of pectin, which absorbs in the intestine, bile salts, which are raw material for the formation of cholesterol.
• It has choleretic effect (improved bile production in the liver). Studies at the University of Toulouse, France, say the apple is a choleretic, which clears the liver, reducing the tendency to form gallstones. This property makes it a recommended food for people with gallstones or those who have undergone surgery of the gallbladder. It is also recommended in cases of chronic hepatitis, fatty liver and cirrhosis.
• It has hypoglycemic effect. An important part of the apple sugar comprises fructose, which need less insulin than glucose to be metabolized, and transformed into energy. Pectin acts as a regulator of the release of sugars, allowing blood to pass slowly.
• Studies and scientific research published in the journal Nature, suggest that the apple has anticancer and antioxidant properties. Be explained by the combination of substances given to this fruit anticancer activity, not individual action by them. Its anti-cancer function, is due to the presence, especially in the shell, two phytochemicals that work together.
• The team led by Professor Rui Hai Liu, divided the apple skin and flesh, the results showed that apple skin extract inhibited by 43 percent and pulp cancer by 29 percent. In the case of liver cancer, skin extract inhibited the cancer cells by 57 percent and pulp extract by 40 percent. These results were greeted with optimism by the American Cancer Society, but chose these findings with caution. They consider it too early to say exactly which substances in apples give this protection, claiming that by the time that the best way to reduce the risk of cancer is eating enough and varied fresh fruits and vegetables ".
• The apple seed or seed and the apricot, plums or tangerines, is rich in water-soluble vitamin, the Vit. B 17, also known as laetrile or amygdalin. This vitamin contains one molecule of benzaldehyde and a cyanide. It has been found healing properties of vitamin B-17, targeted against cancer, which is explained by the presence of water and the enzyme beta-glucosamidasa, the molecule of B-17 generates cyanide and benzaldehyde, compounds that are individually highly toxic, but operating in symbiosis its effects are multiplied up to 100 times. The upside of this is that the enzyme beta-glucosamidasa, is especially at high levels in cancer cells, and in minute quantities in the rest of the body's cells, therefore only destroy these toxic substances to cancer cells. A true chemotherapy, natural, specific, localized and very effective.
• Moreover, normal cells contain an enzyme called rhodanese (thiosulfate transulfurasa), "protective" of the body. The rhodanese neutralize cyanide and transform it into toxic byproducts. Cancer cells contain no rhodanese, so they are helpless.
• The author of the book. "World Without Cancer", recommended for people who have cancer, chewing slowly 3-5 seeds of these fruits each time, and keep in the mouth until they liquefy. For preventive action, indicated 7-10 seeds daily. Therefore, it should then eat the apple and its seeds.
• Some people think that if you eat dessert, helps reduce plaque and prevent cavities, cleaning teeth, but the sugars and acids it contains can damage the enamel, so it can not replace tooth brushing.
The colors of health. The pigments are more than just color.
There are about 4,000 known plant pigments in our food. Each color group represents different phytochemicals. Phytochemicals are a group of more than 600 natural chemicals found in edible plants and are related to lower incidence of cancer, heart disease and other diseases. The organization Produce for Better Health Organization has created a list of the benefits of each color in health, mentioning fruits and vegetables that belong to each of the color groups.
These pigments do more than add color to foods also protect us against diseases.
The red apples belong to a group that helps the health of the memory, heart, urinary tract and protects against some cancers. This set contains the phytochemical lycopene and anthocyanins, phenolic compounds, flavonoids and ellagic acid. Red fruits and vegetables also include red apples, red interior oranges, cherries, red grapes, grapefruit, pink / red, red pears, pomegranates, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, beets, red peppers, radishes, red onions, potatoes pink tomatoes.
In apples yellow, the color is associated with protection against some cancers, vision (especially night vision), cardiovascular protection, and immune system. Food yellow or bright orange contains vitamin C and phytochemicals: carotenoids (including beta-carotene), quercetin, lutein, zeaxanthin, limonene and terpenes. This group includes the yellow apples, melons, limes, mangos, nectarines, oranges, papayas, peaches, yellow pears, pineapple, mandarin oranges, carrots, yellow peppers, yellow potatoes, pumpkin and yellow squash, corn, sweet potatoes and yellow and orange tomatoes.
The green apple is related to the protection of some cancers, maintaining strong bones and teeth, vision benefits. Fruits and green vegetables contain phytochemicals: indoles, polyphenols, isoflavones, lutein and beta sistosterol. The darker the color green, have the highest content of protective substances. Some green foods are avocados, green apples, green grapes, kiwis, lemons, green pears, broccoli, arugula, artichokes, asparagus, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, bok choy, green beans, green cabbage, celery, green squash, cucumbers , green leafy vegetables such as parsley, cilantro, among others, leek, lettuce, onions, green peppers, spinach and watercress.
1. Michelle Murphy Zive, M.S., R.D. Registered dietitian, Director of May Day and associated with the San Diego Regional Nutrition Network.
2. M.C. Javier Luna Jesus Alcantara. Phytochemicals in foods nutritional revolution of the 21st century. Department of Food. Faculty of Chemical Sciences. BUAP.
3. M. A. Nazareno., E. A. González, M. Martín, E. Herrera, M. García, C. Loto, C. M. Ríos. Regional Food and Natural Sources of Antioxidants